Thursday, January 03, 2013

Happy New Year

2013! I already said my one resolution is to work on self-compassion this year. But here are some more concrete things I'd like to accomplish:
- Kitchen renovation. We need a dishwasher!
- Make the basement into a usable space.
- Get better at drawing and piano.
- Establish a regular exercise habit.
- Take a family vacation.
- Do weekly meal plans.

In 2012, here are some of the things I did:
- Made the transition to public school from daycare with K.
- Figured out I was unhappy at work and started doing something about it.
- Started therapy and started learning how to meditate.
- Cut my hair, somewhat improved my wardrobe, and learned how to wear a scarf.
- Made several tries at exercise routines. All of them got derailed, but I kept trying!
- Put some stuff on the walls at home; made significant progress in clearing out the basement.
- Took an awesome 10th anniversary vacation to Costa Rica, just the two of us.
- Started a working mom's group in my town.
- Planted stuff! Even though my plants mostly died.
- Joined the MILP rounduppers.
- Finally got into the habit of daily flossing.
- Did some election stuff for Elizabeth Warren. I hate knocking on doors, but it's like a hard workout -- the suffering feels good when it's over.
- Financially, cleaned up my low-yielding retirement account and started a 529 for X -- and paid off all my student loans!!!

This year I will be 35. By the time you're 40, you're supposed to have it together, right? I think I'm on the path.

2 comments:

  1. Woot! Jealous that your student loans are all paid off! And honey, YES, you need a dishwasher. Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job with the student loans.....SUPER jealous! 2012 wasa busy year :) I dont have a dishwasher either so you have my sympathy!

    ReplyDelete