I got through high school without knowing about basic fashion and beauty things like the existence of face and hair products (other than 80's style hairspray). And I wish I could go back and educate my college self about eyebrow grooming.
I was thinking about some "advanced" fashion lessons I've figured out only in the past few years. ("Advanced" only in relation to my previous level of ignorance.) For instance:
- Chunky necklace to cover up a slightly low neckline.
- Bra that is sufficiently padded to prevent any unwanted bumpiness under a thin shirt.
- Nude, not white, camisole under white shirt.
And I definitely still have many areas of ignorance, including:
- Anything relating to hosiery or shapewear.
- Accessories, even though I learned how to wear a long scarf as part of my New Year's resolutions.
- Hairstyles and hair products other than various creams/gels that make your hair more manageable.
Have you learned any fashion and beauty lessons as an adult?